Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Still here

Christmas Knitting up-date:
* Christmas shawl 1 is done
* Christmas shawl 2 is done
* Christmas shawl 3 is paused for now, since I screwed something up and need to pick back a couple of rows
* I've been working mostly on my lace shawl (for Mom), I'm on repeat #14 (of 11... *sigh*) I'm going to do at least 15, then check how long it is then.

I've started working on the Marvin I want to knit for my sister for her birthday in early October. I knit it in the round instead of flat, and now I need to stuff it before I can do the arms.

The yarn arrived today (my first order from the Loopy Ewe) for my Dad's socks - I'm thinking I'm going to do the Phineas socks. I'm now trying to decide whether to do them in Cherry Tree Hill (navy) or the Fleece Artist (midnight).

I really like the Loopy Ewe, and want to keep ordering from her, but I have a slightly problem - customs. The duty I had to pay was actually more than the shipping, which is a pain. I order lots of things from all over, and a fair amount of stuff from the states. I've never had to pay duty on yarn before, I'm trying to figure out what the difference is that makes this package require it vs. others. Ideas anyone?

2 comments:

Glenna C said...

Customs duty is SUCH an enormous pain in the ass. I've started patronizing some Cdn online shops that specialize in sock yarns - The Sweet SHeep and Pick Up Sticks are both Toronto-area online shops and they have nice stuff!

Celena said...

i've heard it has to do with the value put on the package by the person sending it to you.

i've been trying to email you to see if you've received your yarn from the hand dyed yarn swap but your email keeps bouncing back. please email me at yarnswap [at] intergate [dot] com when you get a chance. thanks!