Friday, October 05, 2007

Two posts in one day... (or my afternoon in pictures)

So, I checked out some older spinning material on Knitty and found a link to a DIY lazy kate, which I modified.

I wound my singles onto 'bobbins' (aka straws on knitting needles).

And plyed it. I must have divided the original pretty evenly (or had the dumbest luck in the spinning) since I only had around a foot extra.

It looks a little like yarn barf, but oh well.

Then I skeined it around a chair.

Soaked it in my sink.

(Wacked the snot out of it against my shower wall - as instructed in Spin to Knit).

Now it is hanging up in the shower drying.

Once it is dry I have two things to figure out - 1. how much of it is there ('cuz, dude, I need that information to enter it into Ravelry) and 2. WTF am I supposed to make out of it?!

So, now if only I could spin something remotely consistent... (on the other hand, the current situation might prevent me from buying lbs and lbs of fiber...)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks pretty good to a non spinner like me.

I stopped by from Martha's blog and then I think I recognise the smart Dr Who scarf from the Holiday KAL-CAL - unless you have a knitting doppleganger?

Lady O said...

Thanks.

I think it must be me, since I haven't seen any others on the Holiday KAl-CAL. I should have it finished tonight.

Celena said...

that's really pretty yarn. the color is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!